Have you ever run into someone who is so positive about life and you find youreslf wishing you that you could feel that way as well? Well guess what ? You can.
Positive thinking is a very powerful tool. Our minds control our thought processes and it can be the catalyst for living a positive and happy existence or it can do just the opposite and cause you to live life with a doom and gloom attitude.
Below are a number of ways to not only improve your mindset, but your life as well.
* If you are faced with a negative thought, change it to a positive one. Remember the movie, “Pollyanna?” Her father taught her the “glad game.” She encouraged the town to find things to be glad about. Eventually, they did and were happier than ever before.
* Surround your life with positive people. Go to events which bring you joy or have special meaning. Invoke positive memories whenever you can.
* There is a saying, “It’s the simple things in life that make me happy.” Find those simple pleasures, no matter how small or insignificant they may be. They are yours to enjoy.
* Laughter is the best medicine, especially for a heavy heart. Be around people who make you laugh; it’s quite contagious.
* Love yourself; nurture the inner you; love others, and most of all be kind. Greet the doorman in the morning, or give a hug to someone who needs it most.
* Help someone less fortunate than yourself. Volunteer your time at a nursing home or hospital. When you give, you receive ten-fold.
Never forget that what you do affects others. If you are negative, people are going to stay away from you like the plague. However if you are positive, you will be forever surrounded by people who wish to be in your presence all the time.
Give yourself a pat on the back for jobs well done! Positive thinking breeds positive results.
Start every day in a positive manner. There isn’t anything worse then getting up in a grumpy mood. It doesn’t only set the tone for the days’ events, but it will impact your family and everyone else around you as well.
Place flowers around your home; pull back the curtains and let the sun shine in. Also, add some more light to your home if it is needed. Light has a direct effect on one’s mood.
Changing the way in which you view life can make all the difference. Try not to think about the negative aspects, but focus on the positive blessings in your life. Turn off the bad news, and channel your thoughts in the direction of goodness. It may be cliché, but take time out to smell the roses. Give thanks for all you have; and be generous to those who have nothing.
Take in the smiles on your child’s face or anybody’s smiling face for that matter. It would be hard to fine anything that could negatively impact the feelings that those smiles invoke. Live your life to the absolute fullest and enjoy every precious little minute of it.
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating.